Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inspiration Out of the Ordinary

I've been designing and planning weddings for close to a decade now and have worked on events that cover the gamut of design asthetics.  I am often asked where we get our inspiration and how we develop our visions.  Well, the simple answer is I try to see inspiration in everthing.  Whether I am walking into a location or perusing our favorite antique shop, I try to look a little beyond what is in front of me and see the potential the item holds above the ordinary.  This old bicycle wheel was in the basement of one of my favorite anitique shops.  As soon as I saw it, I saw it as a way to display photographs.  I love the graphic quailty it offers and the simplicity of design it brings. We aren't looking to reinvent the wheel, we just want to repurpose it. 






Photography by Brenda Robidou / http://www.inpirebybrenda.com/

1 comment:

  1. Love the bike rim as a way to hang art! How did you hang it?

    Thanks!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete